Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Issue 2 Update

Production on Crozonia Issue 2 will wrap up in a couple of days! I will be sending the disk to the printers some time this week. For those of you interested in the printing details, H&E Copy will once again be printing the book.

The specs are:
-8pt cardstock cover
-28 page interior - 801b glossy paper
-3000 print run
$3500 CAN

I was able to get a better price than the first issue because I was a returning customer. The unit cost per book for Issue 2 was $1.33 CAN compared to $1.53 CAN for Issue 1. This is largely attributed because I reduced the number of interior pages from 32 to 28 to save $350. There's also the 1% GST cut starting July 1. Woohoo!

This should also help with mailing costs. Issue 1 (with bag, board, envelope) wieghed in at 161 g, slightly over the 150g limit for letter mail. Having 4 less pages should put it under the wieght limit, or I might have to downgrade the cover.

No comments: