Wednesday, July 20, 2005

MADE IN CANADA

Luckily, I found out about this before I go to press tonight. Apparently, I need to put MADE IN CANADA or PRINTED IN CANADA somewhere on the book if I want to sell it in the US. While looking for a brokerage to move my product across the border, I came upon some information about markings from http://www.aacb.com/imex/usa.asp:



Marking
All merchandise entering the commerce of the US must be marked with the country of origin of manufacture. It must be marked indelibly, conspicuously and legibly and in English. For upper body ware, such as shirts or jackets, the country of origin label must be in the neck. The marking must be such that the ultimate consumer in the US is able to determine the originating country. There are some exceptions to marking. US Customs can seize merchandise not properly marked.

No comments: